Can An Illegal Immigrant Get Life Insurance In The U.S.?

The short answer is yes; illegal immigrants can get life insurance! There are specific requirements that you will need to have to qualify.

We are brokers that help Non-U.S. citizens get life insurance in the U.S. with the best companies available. Fortunately, we have secured a carrier (top-rated life insurance company) that requires only three things to illegal immigrants and undocumented immigrants:

1. Reside In The U.S.

Just as long as you reside in the United States, you can meet this requirement. You don’t need to own a house. If you are renting that is enough to qualify.

2. ITIN or Social Security Number

You will need to provide an ITIN (tax id number) or a Social Security Number.

3. Bank Account In The U.S.

To pay for life insurance, you will need a bank account in the United States. You can pay monthly, quarterly, or annually for your life insurance.
For competitive reasons, we cannot disclose who this carrier is. However, they are A+ rated and among the most competitive prices. Also, they have a term, universal, and whole life insurance.

What is the process of getting life insurance for an illegal immigrant?

As we stated before, if you have an ITIN or Social Security and you live in the U.S., then you can apply.

  1. Get Quotes
  2. Chose Medical Or Non-Medical Options
  3. Sign Paperwork
  4. Pay For The Life Insurance
  5. Get An Approval

That’s it!

The Same Type Of Life Insurance

It may seem hard to believe, but all the rules of a standard life insurance application apply:

You can name beneficiaries
Pays death benefit under any death
The death benefit is tax-free
You can keep it if you move to any other country

We believe everyone should be able to protect their families, no matter where they come from!

7 Tip for Non-US Residents

Non-Medical Option Available

There are medical and non-medical options available. What this means is that you can choose to take a medical test to get a good health rating, or you can take a standard rate and not take a medical.

Final Word

Don’t wait to lock in the protection you need for your family. It is easier than you think to obtain life insurance in the U.S even as an Illegal Immigrant. Protect what matters most with life insurance.

Join the discussion 4 Comments

  • Rocío says:

    If your company wants to reach out to this demographic, use the term undocumented. It’s progressive and welcoming.

    • Thanks Rocío! As am immigrant myself I understand what you mean. I agree with your input and using undocumented immigrant would be a better fit. However, there are still many people that search google with the term illegal, and we want to make sure we help everyone.

  • Stanislas Tebid says:

    You are right foreign national, I actually got here by googling the word “Illegal Immigrant”


    How can I find out more info? I have a prospect who has been looking for life insurance for a long time, but has been unsuccessful. The companies that I represent cannot assist her being that she only has a TIN. Can you provide me with info that will help me to help my potential client?

Leave a Reply